Sunday, July 20, 2008

the square root of 3

I fear that I will always be,
A lonely number like root three,
A three is all that's good and right,
Why must my three keep out of sight,
Beneath a vicious square root sign.

I wish instead I were a nine,
For nine could thwart this evil trick,
With just some quick arithmetic,
I know I'll never see the sun,
As 1.7321,
Such is my reality,
A sad irrationality.

When hark!
What is this I see,
Another square root of a three,
Has quietly come waltzing by,
Together now we multiply,
To form a number we prefer.

Rejoicing as an integer,
We break free from our mortal bonds,
And with a wave of magic wands,
Our square root signs become unglued,
And love for me has been renewed.



Nice?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home